How to Make Beer Bread by Mr Hari Covert
21 August 2020
Underground supper club patron Mr Hari Covert came over to HHQ to try his famous bear bread recipe in a charcoal oven. The results were sublime. This very quick and simple bread is so moorish, Hari’s guests are always coming back for more.
A well-known character in the hospitality industry visited us to have a play on our ovens and make his signature beer bread. He goes by the pseudonym of Mr Hari Covert and organises underground supper clubs throughout Kent, where his beer bread is always a hit with his guests.
Hari’s beer bread recipe is the quickest and easiest bread recipe we’ve ever come across and it really is very delicious.
- 375g self raising flour
- 330ml beer
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A handful of seeds for the topping - sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, poppy
- Fire up your Harrison Oven to 180°C.
- Well grease a loaf tin.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl – it will be like a wet batter.
- Pour into the loaf tin and decorate the top with the seeds.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes.
- It needs to rest a couple of minutes before knocking out of the tin to come out cleanly.
Eat warm or slice and toast. Particularly good with butter and marmite.